Wednesday 14 November 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

It's coming to that time of year again (yes I know it's only November) but you know it's Christmas soon when the Coca-Cola advert is on our television, right?

I'm definitely getting in the mood for spending time with family members and sipping some mulled wine. So what's better than starting my blog with a Christmas Inspired post?

I'm one of those girls who likes to get dressed up at Christmas. Even if i'm not venturing out of the house I have to wear a pretty dress!
Ever since I was young my mum put me and my older sister in matching dresses and once I was old enough to start getting ready myself, i've just carried it on. 
Almost like a Christmas tradition within our family I guess (everyone has a strange tradition within their household, especially at Christmas)

So, here are some items I've found which I absolutely love for my Christmas outfit, I want it all!



1. Blue velvet dress - New Look: What's a winter wardrobe without at least one velvet item? This is why I absolutely adore this New Look dress! It's such a rich blue and the type of velvet material that has been used doesn't even look cheap compared to the price, £16.99. I was thinking this dress would look cute with some thick tights, gold jewellery and some chunky heels. For more of a twist i'd wear a pork pie hat. This dress also comes in black and a wine red colour.

2. Black suedette flatforms - Boohoo: I'm a tall girl and I hate being taller then men. If I wear a good heel I'm about 6ft2 and let's face it, men just keep getting smaller these days, so I never go for a heel higher than 3 inches (because i'm insecure like that). So when I saw these flatform boots, I was in love. They're cute yet quirky and aren't chunky looking either. I definitely think I need to purchase a pair before they get snapped up!

3. Embellished playsuit - River Island: Finding a loose fitting playsuit can be sometimes hard, so when I came across this beauty I leaped in joy, until I saw the price. If I had £50 to spare then yes, I'd buy this but I can't so instead it'll have to go on my 'wish list'. I don't like playsuits which are figure hugging so this little number is brilliant, not only is the cut great but the embellishment is so party like, perfect for looking glam on Christmas day.

4. Gold lion band rings (pack of 3) - ASOS: I have so many of the ASOS band rings, in different colours and styles. These lion style ones are bang on trend and are just too cute to say no to! If I didn't have many already, these would definitely be in my online basket.

5. Velvet glitter dress - Topshop: This is my favourite dress out of the many I came across. It's glittery, it's flattering and the price isn't horrific for Topshop. I've seen it in store and despite the fact that the glitter goes everywhere, i'm definitely going to buy it! I reckon once you've washed it, the majority of the loose glitter will come off and you won't end up leaving a trail of glitter. I think this might be the one...

6. Bow drop gold earrings - ASOS: I love earrings, especially dangly ones. I've always been a bit of silver jewellery girl but recently i've been drawn to gold. These bow chain earrings are so adorable. I reckon they would look quite delicate on the ears too so if you're going for a more 'in your face' dress, these earrings would be the perfect accessory as they're not too chunky!

7. Bronze sequin skirt - New Look: Sequin dresses have always been around but the odd sequin skirt has popped up here and there more recently. I never used to be a sequin lover, always thought it was a bit too 'bling' for my liking. I don't know why my opinion has changed but now I would really like a sequin skirt and this bronze coloured one from New Look is perfect. It's high-waisted and would look lovely with a black leotard and the boohoo boots (item number 9).

8. Jacquard silver dress - Topshop: I think the colour of this dress is quite wintery but the massive cut in the middle area is not. Despite this, it is very flattering. Wearing this with some black tights and some plain black heels, would be a very sophisticated look with a bit of a twist. Wearing a blazer over the top can give extra layering with this very cold weather.

9. Black buckle heeled boot - Boohoo: Although these boots look a little higher than 3 inches (i'm thinking 3 and a half?) they are too gorgeous for me to say no to. They'll go with pretty much anything and would look really good with some tights or bare legs. Boohoo shoes are really good quality compared to other high street stores and for the reasonable price that they are, how can you say no?

10. Bow patent brogues - River Island: These patent brogues are recently new in. They do them in a dark red colour but you can never go wrong with a standard black pair. I wear a lot of black clothing and i'm forever wearing black shoes, so buying these for my collection are a definite must. I love the stud effect, bringing a unique look to your standard black brogue.

Much love

Twitter: @hatsy_
Email: wearefridayschildren@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. nice post :) xx

    http://littlewhitemirror.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't move off the sofa on Saturday night because my Dad warned me that the Coca Cola ad was going to be on! Lovely post, I like the mood board, especially the silver Topshop dress (8) - beautiful!

    Lindsey. x

    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really loving number 5 - i want it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those brogues :) Mine are absolutely wrecked after a year of wearing them down and I desperately have my fingers crossed for a new pair on my wishlist.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The words you are producing are really of much importance to me and I am really grateful to you to introduce me to this concept. Keep the spirits high.
    women's loungewear tracksuits

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beauty of the words is that the same words can be used in a variety of ways to provide a different and unique meaning. You possess the nice and quite impressive style of writings that has touched my heart and soul. I shall come again to soothe my knowledge and skills thirst.
    womens clothing sale uk

    ReplyDelete